Buying BISF house  

RSS

Alisha
20/07/2017 10:42 am  

Hello,

we are planning to buy a BISF house, We liked the property but not sure what all we need to consider before buying. We see that the roof of this house is some sheet rather than asbestos or the original.

I understand there are different kinds in BISF and some are claimed as BISF but not actually BISF. Could someone please let me know how to know if its indeed a BISF property, or a Dorloncon or PRC Airey House etc, We would like to make sure that this house is not categorised as Defective, and we can sell this property later if needed.

The Estate Agent told us that this a BISF, built in between 1950-1959. And the energy efficiency is categorised as D. We are going to have a structural survey done but please let me know what other things we need to know before buying BISF.

What do we need to ask the owner about this property and anything in particular.

Many thanks for your help.
Alisha.

ReplyQuote
Admin

Hello Alisha
We fully understand your concerns and regularly receive similar questions via e-mail but before I can comment I really could do with seeing the actual street as the image provided isn’t the best for detail.
Can you provide me with the postcode or street name please so that I may view the property on google earth.
You can provide it here or send me an e-mail via the contact for above.
Regards
Marc

ReplyQuote
Admin

Thank you for your e-mail Alisha giving me the postcode Alisha
I can confirm that the property is indeed a BISF house. I expect that the roofing on this property is Coated corrugated steel which is less of an issue than having asbestos which is a plus point.
In relation to what else to look for, take a look at these posts here:

Frequently Asked Questions BISF Houses.

BISF House Construction Faults

Let us know if you have any questions or concerns and make sure that you use a surveyor that is familiar with BISF properties as many are not.

Examples of Non Invasive BISF Survey Reports.

ReplyQuote

Working

Please Login or Register

freethemes