Which Mortgage Provider Did You Choose?  

RSS

(@bisfadmin)
Estimable Member Admin
30/07/2017 8:07 pm  

Obtaining a Mortgage for any Non-Traditional property can sometimes be challenging.

Fortunately, obtaining a Mortgage for a BISF House is generally straightforward, providing that the buyer approaches a provider who offers mortgages for this type of property, because not all lenders do.

For those of us who have managed to secure our mortgages, we probably don't give this matter a second thought. But spare a moment for the thousands of homeowners every year who are facing the dilemma of which company to choose.

My mortgage provider was Santander and I never had any issues whatsoever in securing and maintaining my mortgage with them, well, apart from a minor disagreement with my surveyor, who wrongly classified my house under a different build type that just happened to be defective under the housing act but, I managed to sort this misidentification out fairly quickly and my mortgage went through fine.

I hope that by sharing our own experiences, we can help new buyers to make the right choice first time in selecting a good provider.

So, my question to you would be, which mortgage provider did you choose and did your sale go through smoothly?

I look forward to your replies.

Marc

Edited: 4 months  ago

ReplyQuote
(@edwardsbisf)
New Member Registered
06/11/2017 9:42 pm  

I got my mortgage through Santander and had no problems.

ReplyQuote
(@bisfadmin)
Estimable Member Admin
07/11/2017 12:57 am  

Thanks for your input edwardsbisf, 

that's two thumbs up so far for Santander mortgage service, plus in my experience they don't (or at least they didn't when I purchased my house) apply a higher LTV amount of 80%.

Looking forward to hearing more replies from other owners so that we may be able to assist other prospective new owners in securing the best mortgage with minimum fuss.

Marc

ReplyQuote
(@gards88)
New Member Registered
21/11/2017 11:03 pm  

my original lender was santander (95% LTV), but the person they sent round to survey the house didn't not pick up that it was of a trusteel build!! (this ended up being a shock 2 years down the line) our latest lender is virgin money (80% LTV)! they were completely fine with lending on the house as long as i got a full structural engineering report done. 

ReplyQuote

Working

Please Login or Register