Do You Live In a BISF House?
The Green Deal Is Back 2017

The Government’s energy efficient, home improvement loan scheme, the Green Deal, has just been relaunched – but this time it is being funded by the private sector. The first 3 loans have been issued according to Kilian Pender, the new Green Deal Finance Company chief executive. What is the Green Deal? The Green Deal was a Government scheme […]

DIY Patio Door Installation Project BISF House
A.J Balfour BISF House Frame Inspection & Repair
Consulting Civil and Structural Engineers

BISF Houses Are Not Defective Under Part XV1 of the Housing Act 1985 Of all the e-mails that we receive here at BISF House, by far the most common relate to home buyers receiving surveys whereby the Survyor has wrongly labelled a BISF house as “Defective under Prt XV1 of the Housing Act 1985. Before […]

BISF HOUSES
NOT DEFECTIVE
List of Precast Concrete Houses by Build Type.
List of Metal Framed Houses by Build Type.
In Situ Concrete Houses by Build Type.
Hawksley BL8 Aluminium Bungalow

The BL8 Bungalow is an aluminium framed system constructed between 1948 and 1950 and are semi-detached and detached units. Manufacturer: A W Hawksley Ltd – Bristol Aeroplane Co. Forms: Detached, semi-detached and terraced bungalows Built between 1948 -1950 AKA: Permanent Aluminium Bungalow, BL8D Aluminium Bungalow, Blackburn, Hawksley Aluminium Bungalow BL8 , BL8D Total Built Appx 55,000 Constructed almost entirely of aluminium, the […]

Arrow
Arrow
Shadow
Slider

England BISF Street Index  

Page 11 / 11 Prev
  RSS

Lucy
 Lucy
20/07/2017 12:50 am  

NG8 4 Earls close Nottingham has BISF homes

ReplyQuote
Admin

Hi Lucy, thank you for your input but the properties you mention aren’t actually BISF Houses although I must agree that in many ways they do look very similar.
Modus (Amy Chivers Precast Concrete House

The houses at this location are actually Modus houses, manufactured by the Amey Chivers Housing Co. Ltd
They were Designed by Alex Robertson, Peter Francis and Partners R H Sims and they were built around 1966–70.
They are in fact quite a rare property with only around 280 built in the UK.
They are sometimes also called the Amey Chivers house. Amey Chivers went on to become the company that we know as Amey today.

Unlike the BISF house that was built with a steel frame, these properties were constructed from Pre Cast Concrete.

I’m very glad you found these though as I had been searching for some of these properties to investigate for quite a while so many thanks indeed.

Marc

ReplyQuote
Rachael
 Rachael

Grosvenor drive in Loughton ig10 has steel framed housing but is not on the list are these not bisf houses??

Kind regards

ReplyQuote
Rachael
 Rachael

LoughtonThis is the home we bought

Edited: 2 weeks  ago

ReplyQuote
emily
 emily

Rossington avenue southampton so184rr

ReplyQuote
Brighty75
21/08/2017 10:52 pm  

About 100 BISF houses in Cippenham nr Slough, Berks SL1
Ward Gardens
Frenchum Gardens
Bowyer Drive (a few brick built at either end, but mostly BISF)

ReplyQuote
Cloutalad
02/10/2017 10:06 pm  
Chaddesden, Derby, DE21 has around 100 house's that are BISF

ReplyQuote
Admin
08/10/2017 2:15 am  

Rachel, your house is of Cranwell Construction and I hope the move went well.

ReplyQuote
Admin
08/10/2017 2:18 am  

Thank You Cloutalad, For some reason we only had one road recorded in Chaddesden, Your contribution has now been added.

Many thanks

Marc

ReplyQuote
Admin
08/10/2017 1:10 pm  

Thank you Brighty, a great addition to the register and apologies for the delay in responding.

Many thanks
Marc

ReplyQuote
Admin
08/10/2017 1:22 pm  

Thank you for your input emily, your streets have been added to the list.

Many thanks indeed.

Marc

ReplyQuote
Admin
08/10/2017 1:40 pm  

Hi Lucy, the houses in Earls Close are actually Tarran Newland houses which are often mistaken for BISF Houses. The ones that I have seen have been refurbished to a very high standard with brick slips, making identification even more difficult but thank you for your input.

Edited: 2 weeks  ago

ReplyQuote
Admin
08/10/2017 1:50 pm  

Hi Rod, thank you once again for your input. I added your streets to the list back in 2016 but due to some data that we lost on our site, I’m just re replying to some of the old responses.
Many Thanks

Marc

ReplyQuote
Admin
08/10/2017 1:53 pm  

Thanks once again for your valuable input Barrie45

I know I’ve already replied to your post but we appear to have lost some data following a site reset, hence why this reply appears to be very late when it’s actually not.

Regards

Marc

ReplyQuote
Page 11 / 11 Prev

Working

Please Login or Register