England BISF Street Index  

Page 12 / 12 Prev
  RSS

(@bisfadmin)
Estimable Member Admin
26/10/2017 1:29 am  

Thanks for the update Bloop Bleep, that's a great update for the list.

I'm surprised that these houses haven't received an external insulation upgrade yet. Apart from the windows and the roofs, they appear almost original which is surprising, as a great deal of the Northern housing stock has been upgraded.

I'll add the to the list very shortly and thanks again!

Marc

ReplyQuote
(@solrz)
New Member Registered
24/11/2017 11:47 am  

Can you add Coveham Crescent, Cobham, KT11 1AR please.

I'm currently looking to buy a house and I've found out with help of this site that a lot of the houses on this street are BISF and I'm trying to understand more about them.

Anyone who could identify the name of this particular build and show pics of the external wall construction would be helpful as if we can buy this it does need a lot of internal work and maybe external wall insulation?

Many thanks

ReplyQuote
(@bisfadmin)
Estimable Member Admin
05/12/2017 10:41 am  

Hello Solz, thank you for your valuable contribution.

Just as we start to think we must have the majority of streets listed by now, a few more pop up, thanks to the assistance of our readers like yourself.

I can confirm that the houses are indeed BISF construction, which is one specific build type on its own, rather than categorising all steel frame houses as BISF.

If the house hasn't been insulated externally, you should find a rendered wall to the lower elevation and classic steel sheeting to the upper.

In it's original construction form the walls structure can be seen in this diagram.

BISF detail 2
BISF detail 2
BISF detail 2
BISF detail 2

Edited: 6 days  ago

ReplyQuote
(@bisfadmin)
Estimable Member Admin
05/12/2017 10:44 am  

Please let me know if you require more specific images.

bisf house steel frame b small

Framework image

Edited: 6 days  ago

ReplyQuote
Page 12 / 12 Prev

Working

Please Login or Register