Do You Live In a BISF House?
The Green Deal Is Back 2017

The Government’s energy efficient, home improvement loan scheme, the Green Deal, has just been relaunched – but this time it is being funded by the private sector. The first 3 loans have been issued according to Kilian Pender, the new Green Deal Finance Company chief executive. What is the Green Deal? The Green Deal was a Government scheme […]

DIY Patio Door Installation Project BISF House
A.J Balfour BISF House Frame Inspection & Repair
Consulting Civil and Structural Engineers

BISF Houses Are Not Defective Under Part XV1 of the Housing Act 1985 Of all the e-mails that we receive here at BISF House, by far the most common relate to home buyers receiving surveys whereby the Survyor has wrongly labelled a BISF house as “Defective under Prt XV1 of the Housing Act 1985. Before […]

BISF HOUSES
NOT DEFECTIVE
List of Precast Concrete Houses by Build Type.
List of Metal Framed Houses by Build Type.
In Situ Concrete Houses by Build Type.
Hawksley BL8 Aluminium Bungalow

The BL8 Bungalow is an aluminium framed system constructed between 1948 and 1950 and are semi-detached and detached units. Manufacturer: A W Hawksley Ltd – Bristol Aeroplane Co. Forms: Detached, semi-detached and terraced bungalows Built between 1948 -1950 AKA: Permanent Aluminium Bungalow, BL8D Aluminium Bungalow, Blackburn, Hawksley Aluminium Bungalow BL8 , BL8D Total Built Appx 55,000 Constructed almost entirely of aluminium, the […]

Arrow
Arrow
Shadow
Slider

Scotland BISF Street Index  

RSS

Admin
20/07/2017 12:51 am  

index scotland

With the help of our members have compiled the worlds first BISF street register of BISF House locations in England, Scotland and Wales.

The list has grown enormously thanks to your help but we still need more suggestions for those few hidden streets that have not yet been included.

If you live in or know of a road within Scotland that contain BISF Houses, then please let us know in the comments section below. We can then add your Street suggestion to the worlds only UK register of these unique properties.

Edited: 1 month  ago

ReplyQuote
Igloo

Hi

As I am living in a BISF house in Edinburgh , had noticed that Fredrick Street was down as being in Edinburgh – when clicked on it, as know that Fredrick street in Edinburgh hasn’t got any BISF houses, it actually is in Dundee . Could you please adjust to avoid confusion?
Also – sorry to be a bit of a stickler – why has Edinburgh got 2 ‘g’ s in it?
There are other BISF houses in Edinburgh – Burdiehouse area – going to post, once checked out full address info.
Thanks

ReplyQuote
Admin

Hello IGLOO
the warmest of welcomes to our community.

Thank you for pointing out the Dundee Error, this has now been rectified along with the Edinburgh double G error which was caused by auto-insert on my input program. I’m aware of the houses in Burdiehouse as there has been a lot written about the area in various forums and I look forward to adding many more streets to the list once I get the time. As you can imagine, searching and verifying each street takes a great deal of time but solving a few of the site issues we have had with stability has sadly taken precedence just now.

I Have always been fascinated by the maisonette style BISF Houses that were built around Scotland allowing for four families to live in each pair of dwellings, effectively splitting the houses into flats.

Is this something that you are familiar with at all?

regards
Marc

ReplyQuote
Igloo

Many thanks Marc for adjusting – you are doing a fab job here with this website, much appreciated.

Haven’t come across those maisonette style BISF houses yet – sounds interesting though.
We had plans in converting ours into a 4 bedroom by turning the stair around, however it maybe a future project for now, as it’s a bit challenging to do that kind of project while still living with at least 4 people in the house.

When looking at some of the photos , it looks as though , that the designs in England/ Wales are a little different from those here in Edinburgh.
We insulated ours from the inside about 5 years ago and around 17 years ago it got it’s facelift outside – kind of liked the original facing , as it made it look more unique somehow.
Susi

ReplyQuote
Fi7347

Hi,
, Glenlochay Road in Perth has a number of BISF houses on it, I have just bought one of them.
Thanks for maintaining this site-fantastic information and advice for us new BISF house owners.

ReplyQuote
Danswankie

This street has been missed out kilmichael avenue newmains wishaw ml2 9nx

ReplyQuote
Sam Telfer
 Sam Telfer

I have a bisf house in fintry dundee. Finavon terrace

Edited: 1 month  ago

ReplyQuote
Admin
08/10/2017 2:08 pm  

Hi Sam, I’m re replying to your comment because we appear to have lost some topic replies after a site update during the summer and for that I apologise.

The Houses in Finavon Terrace aren’t actually BISF houses but from your excellent photograph above, they do appear to be timber framed.

I am in total awe of the extremely wide variety of non-traditional construction types that have been built in Scotland, many of which appear to have been built in no other parts of the UK.
I’m currently awaiting a response from Dundee Council for details of construction types used throughout Dundee and in particular, in Finavon, which should provide further information as to each construction type here as Finavon Terrace does appear to have several different build types.

I hope to update you shortly.

Marc

ReplyQuote

Working

Please Login or Register