I’m looking at buying a BISF house in Weston, Bath, and am having trouble appointing a surveyor. All the local practices have either recommended speaking to a structural engineer or straight up refused to work on steel frame.

Firstly, can anyone recommend a local (Bath/Bristol/Swindon at a push) engineer/surveyor they have used? There are a few houses of this type locally and I guess that someone must be able to work on them.

Secondly, if I look to appoint one, what service should I ask for from an engineer? A chartered surveyor would be normally offer a Building Survey, defined by RICS guidelines, but what would an engineer do?

Any advice would be gratefully appreciated.

  • You must to post comments

Hi there! I’m moving to twerton to a BISF home and I got my survey done through my solicitors (Nationwide) it was quite straightforward and just explained it was a BISF home.


  • You must to post comments
Showing 1 result
Your Answer
Guest Author
Post as a guest by filling out the fields below or if you already have an account.
Image Upload
Upload your image here
File Name Size
There are currently no files uploaded.
Maximum file size 1MB.
Supported file formats: gif jpeg jpg png