Hi All,

I am new to this site which I found whilst trying to find out information on my new purchase.

I have purchased a 3 bed semi-detached house external brick and rendered, concrete floors. It comes with a F efficiency certificate so badly needs insulating in some way.

Ideally I would like to make it more acceptable to the mortgage market by stripping the render ( so the surveyor can get to the steel ) then re-render with something including insulation. I think insulation on the inside will also be required.

I would like to remove a back window and put in double doors – any clues on supporting walls? I would like to remove an inside wall to open the kitchen/diner – anything my builders should know about support?

I have spoken to different structural surveyors – some suggest I knock it down and re-build – but I am sure my structure with have something to do with the semi next door and it is a perfectly lovely house as it is.

I have discovered that the property is mortgageable as the council for mortgage lenders recommends that they are as good as any other house if the cavity remains clear and the property does not show any signs of deterioration – but convincing mortgage lenders may be a different matter – has anyone any experience in this field.

Any help in these areas would be much appreciated.

  • You must to post comments
Showing 0 results
Your Answer
Guest Author
Post as a guest by filling out the fields below or if you already have an account.
Image Upload
Upload your image here
File Name Size
There are currently no files uploaded.
Maximum file size 1MB.
Supported file formats: gif jpeg jpg png