Hi, I want to form a door opening at ground floor in the flank wall of my house. I want to access the side extension from the bottom of the stair case. I note from the photos on this site that there is a raking support in this structural bay. Has anyone done such a thing and is it possible to alter the structural support at this point without affecting the lateral stability of the frame?

Also can anyone recommend a structural engineer in the Epping/London area familiar with BISF construction?

Thank you

  • You must to post comments
Showing 0 results
Your Answer
Guest Author
Post as a guest by filling out the fields below or if you already have an account.
Image Upload
Upload your image here
File Name Size
There are currently no files uploaded.
Maximum file size 1MB.
Supported file formats: gif jpeg jpg png